Requirements For Wall Residents:
- New home owners must apply for an occupancy permit and a dye test, the ordinance
officer (Building Inspector) will call to set up an appointment for an inspection
of the home.
- Occupancy permits are required every time a new tenant moves into the rental
property. Again, the code enforcement officer will inspect the property.
- Landlords must also register the name and address of all new tenants and
provide a phone number and a name of a person or persons responsible for their
- VERY IMPORTANT: All dogs and cats (pets) must have a borough license for
the year 2014, the ordinance officer will be enforcing (Ordinance #04-2) in reference
to all pets being licensed. This is in addition to the county license. This ordinance
also spells out pet owner's responsibilities as far as cleaning up dog or cat
defacations throughout the borough. You need documentation of rabies vaccination
and a copy of your county license for the current year. The fee is $2.50 per
pet per year.
- GARBAGE COLLECTIONS: All residents must contact Allied Waste (Republic Services) to set up
your account for quarterly payments -  887-9400. Apartments under 4 units
must register each tenant for billing purposes. Failure to comply will result
in citations in reference to ordinance #92-1. All residents are required to pay
for trash pick-up. Failure to comply with ordinance will result in 2 citations,
one for non-payment and one for trash on the property. Allied Waste will
not pick-up trash on Friday if payment isn't received and the ordinance officer
will be checking who's trash wasn't collected. All garbage should be placed in
containers with lids and not placed at the curb until sundown on Thursday for Friday
pick-up except on a Friday holiday, then the trash pick-up will be a day later
- SEWAGE BILLS: To be considered on time, and not subject to any penalties or late fees, sewage payments must be received at the borough office by 4 p.m. on the due date as stated on the bill.
It is the sole responsibility of the customer to have payment in the borough office by the due date and time. Any payment placed in the mail which does not reach the borough office by the time and date it is due shall be considered late and the account shall be delinquent. Further, any payment delivered to or dropped off at the municipal building after 4 p.m. on the due date shall be considered late and the account shall be delinquent.
NOTE: Late Notices will NO LONGER BE ISSUED, starting with the bill issued in March 2015, and continuing from thereon.
Wall Borough Council